- BrandWilson Sporting Goods
XEDGE Basketball Women Size 6,28.5" Ball Composite Leather Street Basketball Indoor Outdoor Game Ball with Needle,Pump and Carry Bag (red, Size 6)View on Amazon
AND1 Street Grip Premium Composite Leather Basketball & Pump- Official Size 7 (29.5”) Streetball, Made for Indoor and Outdoor Basketball Games (Orange)View on Amazon
AND1 Fantom Rubber Basketball & Pump- Official Size 7 (29.5”) Streetball, Made for Indoor and Outdoor Basketball Games (Violet)View on Amazon
Last update on 2021-10-16 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Choosing the right basketballs is one of the most important decisions you will make as a player. There are many factors to consider when choosing which ball to buy, and it can be difficult to know where to start. This guide will help you navigate your way through all the options available and find a suitable ball for your personal needs!
Types of Basketballs
There are three different types of basketballs to choose from when deciding on which one is right for you.
- The first type, and most common, is a leather ball with rubber nubs. These balls are popular among players who don't mind spending more money on their equipment because they last longer than other options available in the market today.
- The second type is composite materials that combine two or more materials into one solid sphere-type shape, typically found as an official NBA gameball . Composite basketballs offer better grip than regular latex rubber balls but also have a shorter life span due to higher use rates on hard courts ; however these can be very effective if you're looking for consistency in your shots!
- Finally there's the synthetic material. The third type of basketball is the rubber ball with a leather cover. These balls are typically cheaper than other options but will wear out and become unplayable more quickly because they do not have an inner bladder for protection . This type of ball does, however, offer better durability on outdoor surfaces such as gravel or cement sidewalks when compared to composite materials.
When should you buy a new basketball
Every two years is usually a good time to buy a new ball. Some people say that you should replace your basketball after every season, but if you take care of it properly, this won't be necessary!
You can tell when it's time for an upgrade by looking at the wear and tear on the ball. If there are big cracks in the leather or lots of small tears forming around seams, then it might be time to look at some different options .
What basketball is best suited for your play style?
1 - How do I know what my play style is?
The best way to find your play style is by playing with different types of balls on the court. As you try out new basketballs, write down what feels better for you and then make a list from all the ones that felt good in each category.
You can then narrow it down from there!
- Soft or Hard? Which one do I like more?
- What type of grip does my hand prefer: textured, patterned, smooth surface ?
- Does weight matter? How heavy am I comfortable with lifting? What about height restrictions within my house's doorway(s)? Are we looking for an indoor/outdoor ball or just an outdoor ball? Do any other special features factor into our choice
If you're a power player (someone who likes to slam the ball with a lot of force), it's best for you to go with a hard, rubberized basketball. If your hands are smaller and weaker, then softballs might be more appropriate for you as they have less bounce than their harder counterparts.
This is also true if you prefer dribbling over shooting in games because there'll be less chance that the ball will fly out of your hand mid-dribble. In contrast, someone strong enough to handle both types may want to try an indoor/outlightball which can withstand rougher use outdoors on concrete without turning
2 - What are some tips on how to improve my game
Keep your eyes on the ball. This will help you react to its movement more quickly and may give you a better chance of stealing it from an opponent. If your game is at night, try wearing some kind of eye protection like goggles or glasses as this can reduce the impact that light has on how well you see
How to choose the right size of ball
- If you're taller, it is best to use a larger ball for your height. This can help with accuracy when throwing the ball and allows more control over rebounds
- Smaller people should be using smaller balls in order to stay close enough that they don't have to reach too far up, which will give them better control of where they are shooting from.
This also means that shooters on offense need not worry about missing a shot because they couldn’t get into position quickly enough before the defense starts guarding them again since their shorter teammates will still be able to rebound due to their size difference. If possible, try practicing at home or outside so you know how much room each player needs around themselves depending on what kind
How do I know if my basketball is too small?
If dribbling seems difficult because your fingers can touch both sides of the ball while in between your knees, it is time to get a new ball. It is important that you choose a size that is two inches bigger than the child's height. For example, if a child is 4 feet tall, then they should use balls that are 6 inches.
Choosing the best basketball involves your needs and goals, as well as what you plan to do with it. If you are a recreational player who wants to shoot hoops in their driveway or on the court at school, then an inexpensive ball will work just fine.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a high-quality ball that will last through heavy use by competitive players, consider one of our many professional quality models which have been designed specifically for serious play.
No matter what type of basketballs suit your needs most, we can help! Our wide selection includes all types of balls from different brands , so shop now to find yours today!"