- BrandUnder Armour
PEAK High Top Mens Basketball Shoes Lou Williams Streetball Master Breathable Non Slip Outdoor Sneakers Cushioning Workout Shoes for Fitness Fluorescent OrangeView on Amazon
PEAK Mens Basketball Shoes Breathable Sneakers Lou Williams Lightning Professional Anti Slip Sports Shoes for Running, WalkingView on Amazon
PEAK Mens Basketball Shoes Breathable Sneakers Lou Williams Lightning Professional Anti Slip Sports Shoes for Running, Walking WhiteView on Amazon
Last update on 2021-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you're looking for shoes to play basketball, you've come to the right place. This article will give you all the information that you need in order to make a good decision about which shoe is best for your needs. Whether it's how much cushioning they have or what size fits best, this guide has it all!
Read on and learn more now!
Know the type of basketball player you are
- Are you a streetball player or do you play in an organized league?
- Do you have more than 500 dollars to spend on your shoes, or are there some cheaper alternatives that may work just as well for you?
- Knowing what type of basketball shoe would be best for your personal needs will help alleviate the stress and anxiety that comes with buying new sneakers.
- The variety is almost endless when it comes to good quality basketball shoes, but if done properly can result in finding the perfect pair.
Different types of basketball shoes
Before you go shopping, it's important to know what type of basketball shoe is perfect for your needs. Just like any other sport, there are different types of shoes that all have their own advantages and disadvantages. Here's a list:
- Leather shoes - these offer the most ankle support and durability since they don't need to be broken in as much when new. They also provide great lightweight padding which makes them good for quick movements on the court. The downside is they're more expensive than synthetic models so if you play infrequently, this may not make sense financially. If your budget allows though, leather or canvas shoes are worth looking into because they last longer than just about anything else out there!
- Synthetic shoes - these are less expensive and require no break in time, but they don't last as long because the soles wear out faster.
- Leather/synthetic combo models - if you want a little of both worlds with durability and affordability, this is your best bet! These typically offer great ankle support, provide light weight padding for quick movements on the court without being too heavy or bulky. The downside to leather/synthetic combos is that they'll need more care than just about any other option on this list. They can be pricey so make sure you're willing to shell out some extra money before buying them up!
- Leather models - these are the most durable with a break in time of about six months. They also offer great ankle support and light weight padding, but can be pricey as well!
If you do not need strong protection from your shoes, this is a good option for playing basketball. The downside to these shoes is that they are bad for side movements on the court because they don't cover the sides. This can lead to injuries and should be avoided. These shoes have little cushioning, so make sure to buy some with shock absorption inside them like Nike Air Max 2016 Men Basketball Shoes Black Red White . They will give you stability and will prevent injury.
Benefits of wearing quality basketball shoes
- Quality basketball shoes are made with the latest technology and offer top-notch performance
- The right shoe can help you play better because it will fit your foot properly
- Basketball shoes make a statement about who you are as an athlete and how much you care about your game
- A quality pair of basketball shoes is durable and will last for years to come
- Investing in high-quality basketball shoes now will save money in the long run, even if they cost more upfront
- Quality basketball shoes add style to any outfit, making them perfect for casual wear or going out on the town
Consider your budget
Understand that basketball shoes are a long-term investment and not just for one season
Basketball shoes are made with the latest technology and offer top-notch performance. The right shoe can help you play better because it will fit your foot properly. Basketball shoes make a statement about who you are as an athlete, how much you care about your game, and how stylish they look on casual wear or for going out at night on the town. However, if you're not willing to spend more money upfront, then consider buying cheaper models that will last only one season before needing new ones. Quality basketballs add style without compromising comfort so that's something else worth considering when choosing which pair is right for you!
Tips on how to take care of your new pair of sneakers
- Clean your shoes with a damp cloth and mild soap
- Remove dirt by using a brush to scrub at the shoe's surface
- Apply leather lotion or polish to increase the life of the shoe
- Store your shoes in an area where they won't be exposed to extreme heat, water, or sunlight for best results
- If you're not wearing them, put your shoes in a plastic bag and store them in a dry place away from light sources so that they don't get moldy
- Consider purchasing shoe trees for better ventilation and help maintain their shape over time
The best basketball shoes for you are the ones that feel comfortable on your feet, offer a level of traction and grip to suit your playing style, provide enough ankle support as needed (depending on age and size), have appropriate arch support, meet or exceed all safety standards set by governing bodies in sports like NCAA. If any one of these factors is missing from the shoe's design then it may not be the right choice for you. Get started with this list and find out which pair will work well for you!